Congratulations to our Sixth Form Students
Maesteg School pupils celebrated another year of success in today’s A level results marking significant personal achievements. This cohort of young people have demonstrated exceptional fortitude and resilience, showing focused determination to excel in an adapted process to prove what they are capable of.
Over a quarter of our students achieved 3 A levels grade A/A with 75% of students achieving 3 A levels at A*-C grade. 66% of the overall grades were A*- B grades setting the bar for our year 12 students who are showing the potential to achieve an outstanding set of A level results in 2022.
We are pleased to see so many of our pupils gaining places at some of the country’s top Universities and securing valuable apprenticeships. These results reflect the dedication of our staff, parents and governors to raise the aspirations of our pupils so that they strive to achieve their very best and compete with the best also. They have made us all extremely proud.
Notable Achievements for 2021
- Bethan Williams (pictured) achieved 3 A*, in English Literature, History and Music and is going to study Law at Cardiff University
- Matthew Villis achieved 3 A*s in Biology, Chemistry and Maths and will study Economics
- Lauren Buchanan achieved 2 A*s and 1 A in Biology, Chemistry and Maths and will study medicine
- Phillip Chen achieved 2 A* and 1 A in Biology, Chemistry and Maths and will study Pharmacy in UCL
- Millie Crocker achieved 2 A* and 1 A in Art, ICT and Maths and will study Business at Cardiff
- Courtney Buchanan achieved 2 A* and 1 A in Art, English Literature and Religious Studies and will study Archaeology and Ancient History in Cardiff
- Lewis Griffiths achieved 2 A* and 2 Bs in Maths, Physics, Biology and Chemistry and will study Engineering in Swansea
- Tiegan Jones achieved 1 A* and 2 As in Health and Social Care, Religious Studies and Criminology and will study Law in Cardiff.
- Saffron Hall achieved 2 A* and 1 A in English Literature, Welsh and PE and will study Sport and Exercise Therapy in the University of South Wales
Our year 13 students now leave us to begin the next exciting chapter of their lives and we wish them every success for the future. They have been an asset to the school community and real ambassadors for what we stand for.
Well done to all!