A notice to our Year 11 parents and carers:
Year 11 is a very important and arduous year for our learners and we want to ensure that every child has the support required to achieve their true potential. This year, it is crucial that we work together to ensure your child leaves Maesteg School with the necessary qualifications for them to fulfil their future career prospects.
Therefore, we would like to take this opportunity to invite you to our annual GCSE Success Fayre on Wednesday 18th September 2019 from 4pm to 6pm. You are more than welcome to attend at any time during the two-hour event. However, there will be two important introductory presentations delivered by Dr Duddridge, Deputy Headteacher at 4:15pm and 5:15pm.
During the evening, you will receive the following:
- Interrim Report, which demonstrates your child’s current achievement in line with their targets. This also gives information on their effort within each subject.
- Your child’s current position within the Horsforth Quadrants – This is a tracking system, which we are using to support all students. It identifies your child’s effort level in correlation to their progress level in all subjects.
- Staff Contact Details: Overview of the key staff members involved in your child’s education, their role and contact details.
- An overview of important dates in the assessment requirements for all subjects.
- In-House Revision Sessions: There are many revision sessions available for your child to attend during the school day or after school to receive the support required in order for him/her to be successful in their exams. I encourage all students to attend these.
There will also be a variety of workshops for you to attend including:
- Top Tips for Parents * Revision Apps * Revision Techniques * Stress & Wellbeing
There will also be an opportunity to visit subject stalls to seek information, revision material, revision sessions and course overviews. Natalie Baker, Careers Wales will also be attending the event should your son/daughter require further advice for Post 16.
This event is key to the success of your child in their GCSE examinations and we hope you will be able to attend this event. A letter has been sent home by Miss Bethan Morgan, our Raising Standards Leader KS4 with a return slip attached. Please could you complete the slip and return to your child’s form tutor by Wednesday 18th September 2019. We look forward to seeing you.