Below you will find links, digital booklets and videos that will help you as you begin to apply for university.
Everything here is designed to offer support as you begin to write your personal statement. You can also click on the UCAS and UNIFROG links at the bottom of the page that will take you directly to their websites. First up is our Maesteg School UCAS Guide that you can read here.
- At Maesteg School, we are committed to supporting you with planning for life after sixth form, whether you choose to go on to university, to take up an apprenticeship, or to get a job. We recognise the importance of providing you with a wide range of activities that help broaden your choices and experiences, and will give you the competitive edge. Sixth form is an important phase in the journey towards university or the world of work.
- On average 85% of our Year 13 students progress to university, further education or apprenticeship training. You will receive expert support so that you make well-informed choices, which help you to achieve your goals. Our Raising Standards Leader and experienced tutor team provide additional subject support on a one to one basis to help raise attainment. All students have access to careers and higher education advice from a specialist advisor.
- Students will benefit from:
- Extensive University links with presentations offered across a wide range of subjects. ·
- Those students who aspire to Oxbridge and Russell Group Universities are supported through the rigorous selection process via a bespoke enrichment programme to ensure that they are thoroughly prepared for the challenges ahead.
- Visits to National student conferences.